Agency Flight Plan
Personalized guided planning helps solo and
small agency owners find the path to
see their business take off.
Are you a freelancer looking to build an agency? Or a small agency looking to graduate to the next level?
The Agency Flight Plan process may be a good fit for you.
In this more streamlined version of our Agency GPS program, we work to identify your unique needs to set your business on the right path.
We help you to establish goals, create processes, and position yourself for success.
Each Agency Flight Plan engagement is customized for the specific needs of the client, but typically includes:
- Financial review
- SWOT analysis
- Market positioning
- Talent evaluation and planning
- Risk assessment
- Process development
- Business growth plans
- HR/IT/Finance solutions
The Agency Flight Plan is a highly interactive process. We will get to know each other quickly by sharing a lot of information.
Some of the questions will make you squirm. We drive straight to the point to find out what your goals are (both personal and professional) and how to shape your agency to meet them.
We don’t come in with a preconceived notion or a set formula for you to adopt. Agencies aren’t fast-food franchises. Each one is different.
The work we will do together will bring out the answers that are already there — we just help you find them based on our experience. We use the wisdom of success and the lessons of failure to help you achieve your objectives.
Preparation Phase: Prior to a series of exploration calls, the agency owner will provide requested background materials and complete a questionnaire designed to customize the agenda.
Exploration Calls: Over the course of one week, the agency owner will participate in 3 online meetings lasting approximately 90-minutes each to review specific topics, including financial performance, market positioning, operational issues, and more.
Results Phase: Following the exploration calls, a summary of findings and recommendations will be prepared and presented to the agency owner.
A typical Agency Flight Plan engagement unfolds this way:
- We start with a 60-minute planning call to begin to learn about your agency and any specific areas of concern. (2 weeks before virtual meetings)
- We provide details of requested pre-meeting materials. (2 weeks before virtual meetings)
- You provide us with the background information required. (1 week before virtual meetings)
- We provide you with a final agenda based on the planning call and materials. (3 days before virtual meetings)
- We have 3 virtual meetings of approximately 90 minutes each during the project week.
- You provide requested follow-up information based on the virtual meetings. (1 week after virtual meetings)
- We provide a written summary of observations and recommendations that we review in an online meeting with you. (2 weeks after virtual meetings)
- For 60 days following the completion of the project, we will continue to answer quick questions via email and hold up to 3 additional calls to discuss our findings.
The Agency Flight Plan process is led by Chip Griffin and is based on decades of experience launching his own businesses and serving in c-level leadership roles for global agencies.
Who is this for?
The standard Agency Flight Plan solution works best for agencies that meet the following criteria:
- less than 5 team members
- less than $500,000 in annual revenue
- single owner
We can develop appropriate packages for other agencies, but the Agency Flight Plan process is designed with that sweet spot in mind. Larger agencies may wish to explore the Agency GPS program.
A standard Agency Flight Plan project costs $4,000, payable in advance.
Because agencies will likely experience meaningful growth after completing an Agency Flight Plan and this may drive further growth requirements, those agency owners are eligible for a 30% discount on an Agency GPS project if conducted within the succeeding 24 months.